Film – Week 13 – Changes

Mad Hatter Tea Cups

“The most honest form of filmmaking is to make a film for yourself.”

― Peter Jackson,  Link

SUMMARY

I’m trying to balance my work with the holidays. I hav’nt been very successful, but I’m trying my best. This week, I’ve done none of this stuff on here this week, it’s all last minute on one day. I can’t remember anything before writing this. Just being honest.

PRACTICE ROOM (TUTORIALS)

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY, PRODUCTIVITY & THE BRAIN)

The thought I have has to do with my mentel health. In a sense I’ve been more isolated and hardly ever leave the house. The distress is the amount of work Ihave. It becomes very overwhelming, to the point where I don’t feel like working anymore, and then I don’t get anything done. The level is higher on the amount I have to deal with. I already have enough things going on in my head, including finally writing a script, and returning to my old habits which ‘ve abandoned overtime. The distortion is my distracted and unorganized nature. I can;t figure out what I should do first. After some thinking, I have come up with better conclusions to the source of my problem besides just myself. I recall getting sick, and being unable to work no matter how hard I tried, yet I constantly blame myself for not working hard enough. If I focus on more logical and occurring aspects of my assignments instead of myself, I think I can dodge the negative impacts I have.

After examining the automatic thinking process, I’ve realized how there are so many other alternatives to calming our mentel state then there appears to be. Challenging my negative thoughts feels like taking a whole new different route on a road you have’nt even bothered to take and, however it turns out, it’s still better than what you are used to dealing with. As I write this down, I try not to think of this as an assignment, but more like a means to release my inner thoughts that block those negative feelings instead. 

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVE

I learned what kind of experimental stages Hollywood went through, looking at film examples like Citizen Kane, The Kid, and others that made an impact with their new techniques. Also learned the impact Charie Chaplin had in the film buisness and how many people were inspired by his comedic orignality and acting. Watching the evolution of film was a nice glimpse of how movies influence us today. 

One problem I solved was pushing back the amount of pressure I put up with. I point out the main reason why I’m behind on so much work which I benefit from using to avoid that pressure.  

WEEKLY ACTIVITY EVALUATION

The automanic articles I think can be very helpful to people who have very low standards about themselves. It may help encourage others to think differently about themselves and their struggles when they read the text. The Hollywood dream was entertaining, but  don’t think I’ll be remembering much of the notes I put down afterwards.